We are nearly halfway through the year, but there is still time for you to get more out of your website if you have not been doing it already. It is very fundamental for you to ensure that your website is always relevant since failure to do that your website will become a stagnant asset for your business. Some of the things you should be doing with your website in 2018 therefore include;
- Constantly updating your website. Updating your website regularly ensures that the content of your website stays relevant and fresh which will help you to keep and acquire even more customers. You can add your employee’s epitomes and headshots on your websites team page, add pertinent blogs to services pages, or even add new case studies of clients you’ve worked with.
- Making your website secure. With the number of online security breaches being experienced currently rising astronomically, you should ensure that your website is as secure as possible. One way of achieving this is by ensuring that your website is HTTPS and not HTTP.
- Keeping an eye on your competition. It is not advisable for you to copy everything your competition is doing, but it is advisable for you to keep an eye on them. You can do this by reading their blog posts, by following them on social media, or by signing up for their newsletters. Whichever option you choose, ensure you keenly observe what they are doing, that way you can learn new things.
- Sharing your content on social media. This is one of the best ways of ensuring your web page stays relevant as even in 2018, social media still rules. You can achieve this by adding your social media ICONS to your website or by adding social sharing buttons to your blog posts to encourage sharing.
- Tracking your numbers. In order for you to know what your customers are reading and what they are not reading or what is working and what’s not working on your web page, you have to analyze your website traffic. This is very crucial as it will inform you what your customers like and what they don’t, that way you can concentrate on what they like and do away with what they dislike.
- Updating your web page header image. This is fundamental since keeping your website fresh will help you retain and have even more audience.